Monday, June 17, 2013

Vaseka Family // Pennsylvania Family Portraits

Sometimes I have the privilege of photographing families whom I have known for a while.  These are people who I have spent time with regularly for many years, who go to my church, who have seen me through both of my pregnancies and who have loved on my children.  I love photographing these dear friends because it gives me a chance to pause and reflect on how blessed I am to know them, and what lovely people they are.  And I also get to reflect over how BEAUTIFUL they are.  Wow.  I have good-looking friends.  



Karen and Rob have hosted my home group at church for a long long time.  We have been going to their house several times a year for four years now, and I have loved getting to know them.  They are such funny and giving people, and they open their home over and over again to be destroyed by tons of small children.  They also clearly still like each other.  At least a little.  




Karen wanted some headshots by herself for her work website, and she has a pretty awesome job.  She is really passionate about nutrition, health, and eating well to care for your body.  She is an expert on the topic of "green smoothies," a bandwagon I have yet to jump on, but have great admiration for.  She knows everything about nutrients in fruits and vegetables, and knows how to eat things that are healthy and give strength to the body.  



And the cool thing is, she actually has a job teaching others about her passion!  Karen travels to many different states all year giving conferences and talks about healthy eating.  I have been to one of her talks before, and they are funny, relatable, informative, and not at all pushy.  She loves to share her knowledge with others, and also uses her knowledge to take really good care of her family.  She reminds me of the woman in Proverbs 31:
She rises while it is yet night  and provides food for her household…She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.  
She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.  She perceives that he merchandise is profitable.  Her lamp does not go out at night. 
16 





The main focus of this session were Rob and Karen's sweet children Bryan and Natalie.  I have known them for over four years now, and I have honestly never seen these two fight.  I am sure their mama has seen moments I have not, but my point is, they seem to genuinely enjoy being together.  They are also really sweet, polite, and helpful kids.  What a testimony of their parents raising them to the glory of God!


Just look at how she adores her big brother!


My kids love playing with Bryan and he is so good with them!  This handsome little man looks just like his daddy, and he has the same strong and serious nature.   But he definitely has a goofy side, too.  We loved trying to make him laugh.






As I went through Miss Natalie's photos, I just kept shaking my head at how stunning she is.  Just LOOK at those curls!  And she is a photogenic natural.  She could be doing anything and I would say "Natalie!  Smile!" and sure would turn her head and flash me a movie star grin.  




This awesome rope swing was the highlight of our shoot :-).




I just love doing shoots like this.  It is such a blessing to see a family who truly enjoys playing together, loving on each other, and just having fun.  I love you guys!


1 comments:

momof3boys said...

Love this beautiful as always and as I have come to expect while "stalking" your blog ;)

Post a Comment