Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jackie // Pennsylvania Senior Portraits

Ever since I started practicing photography, I have been excited to do my little sister's senior photos one day.  She is beautiful, funny, vivacious and so special to me; she is a great model!  It always seemed so far away to me, and yet here we are.  On this past Monday, Jackie finished her last day of junior year, and is officially one year away from graduating high school.  Look out, world!  



I do not even know where to begin with this kid.  Jackie is my baby sister; she is nine years younger than I am, and we are VERY different.  She is athletic and outdoorsy.  She is way cooler than I will ever be.  She is chill and laid back and goes with the flow.  People love to be around her because of her gorgeous smile, witty sarcasm, and friendly personality.  




She is basically a big goof ball.  



She has so many friends and loves to do so many different things.  From softball to wood shop to making videos, she can do SO much!  And she is GOOD at so much, even though she is notoriously clumsy!  Darn kid.  Oh and these next few?  The location may have not been the safest.  And bystanders may have been a bit terrified.  



When I talk to her friends and youth leaders, the number one thing that I hear about Jackie is that she is REAL.  She is 100% authentically herself.  She is honest with her struggles and her joy.  She will tell it like it is and is not afraid to ask questions.  This quality causes me and so many others to have so much respect for her and to admire her.  Jackie reminds me that being honest and transparent before God and others is more important than always showing people the easy side of things.    


Jackie is always laughing.  When she laughs, she laughs with her whole body.  It is hysterical to watch and very endearing.  



Most important, my sister has a strong faith in the Lord.  She trusts Jesus, and tries to show others her faith.  She understands and exudes forgiveness, acceptance, and joy.  Jesus is her center.  



I love Jackie so much.  It seems that our lives have been going in different directs for, well…forever!  She was in elementary school when I went to college.  When she was in middle school, I got married.  She started high school, and I had a six month old. Sometimes it is hard for us to catch up and be on the same plane.  Sometimes we argue and don't get along (like when I was pregnant and she was thirteen and we lived in the same house for a few months…that was a recipe for hormonal mess!)  But I always adore her and would do pretty much anything for her.  





Jackie, I have loved watching you grow up into a beautiful young woman.  You have done so many amazing things this year, and have shown the world what a talented, beautiful, and mature person you are.  You are an amazing aunt and my kids love you so much!  You are invaluable to me.  I am so so proud of you! Congratulations, baby!

Jackie did this shoot with her dear friend Brianne.  Stay tuned for a post with some goofy photos of the two of them together!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dont know which one is my favorite! I like the one with the railing though. Very pretty, jackie!!

Unknown said...

love these! Favorite is the 7 up from the bottom( with a barrel in the background) and third up from the bottom. They are all so lovely. You can see in her face that all you say about her is true!

Post a Comment