Monday, June 3, 2013

Mamas and their Babies

I think all photographers have favorite subjects to photograph.  I have friends who just love weddings and watching the beginning of new lives together.  Others love to take in the beauty of nature and scenery, or love posing sweet tiny babies.  I love to photograph all kinds of people, but I think some of my favorite photos I have ever taken are of mothers loving on their children.  

I love being a mom.  It is a role that is humbling, complex, beautiful, fun, and so precious.  I have written about motherhood many times on my personal blog, and I really enjoy watching fellow mothers engage in the tender relationships they have with their children, and illustrating these relationships with my photos.  I think these photos are some of the most genuine and unposed I can get; the love is almost tangible through my screen.  

New mamas cannot help but breathe in new baby smells.  The serenity in the faces of both the mothers and babies is beautiful.  




Moms of toddlers love to pull their squirmy, tired, or grumpy toddlers into their arms and kiss them.


Our children give us some of the biggest smiles and laughs.  They fill us with pride and joy.


They pull on our heartstrings and endear us to them with the silly things they say and do.  It is so fun to watch them discover and learn new things.  



Daughters are often little "mini-me's" of their mamas.  They are some of our best friends, shopping buddies, and love to share their interests and dreams with us. 





And a mama's relationship with her son is so precious and indescribable.  Even the big boys treasure their mamas so.  



Mamas and their children are a picture of God's nurturing love to me.  I am so blessed to see so many sweet moments between them through my photography, and to share these moments with my own beloved babies.  They make my heart full!


(final three were taken by my husband, edited by me)

1 comments:

Post a Comment