Monday, June 24, 2013

The Harris Family // Pennsylvania Family Portraits

When I became a first-time mom, I joined a wonderful group called MOPS.  This group was one of the best blessings to me as a new mother, as it provided camaraderie and empathy as we all navigated through motherhood together.  My first table leader was a sweet and welcoming woman named Beth, an experienced mom of three who obviously had made it through the early years of parenting with grace and wisdom.  But even after that year, I realized I had never really spent any time with her children, other than to recognize them at church.  That is why I was thrilled to photograph them last week.

Tyler, Alexa, and Dylan love to play.  That was the first thing I noticed.  As soon as they hopped out of the car, they were grabbing baseballs and bubbles.  Fortunately, I would much rather photograph my clients having fun than standing still, so we hit it off great.

Bubbles are actually a bit more challenging than I thought to photograph, but we got the hang of it :-).

Each of these children was active and fun, but they also did a great job stopping and posing for photos, too.

The older ones protested a little about sitting so close to each other, but I don't think they actually minded much :-).

Tyler is such a good big brother.  Athletic, talented, and cool, he still played so lovingly with his younger brother.  I can tell he is going to be a great leader.

Alexa was sweet as can be.  She is a dancer, and is graceful and lovely.  She was also such a helper!  She wanted to help me set up for photos.



And Dylan is so adorable and silly.  He was so patient through pictures and did everything I asked without complaining.

Even though daddy could not be there because he was at work, he was in everyone's thoughts.  We got a few photos with mom in them, too, as a gift for their daddy's desk at work.  Beth spoke so lovingly about how hard her husband works for their family.  They obviously care so well for each other.

After our photos were said and done, we had the highly anticipated playground time.  But of course, I kept the camera going :-).

Thank you so much for letting me into your life last week!  I had great fun with you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment