Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Littlest Ones

I think besides my wedding photos, my children's newborn photos are some of the ones I treasure most.  Newborn photos capture such a fleeting time; within mere weeks the entire look of a baby changes.  There is only a short window of time to capture the tranquil and peaceful moments with a brand new human.  That is why I feel so blessed and honored when I am able to illustrate this special time.

I have done several newborn sessions in the past year, but these three little models have all been since December.  Each one is special, beautiful, and dear to me.

This first sweet girl was actually part of a family shoot, but I could not resist the chance to take a few of her on her own.  She actually a bit older than the average "newborn shoot," but just as cute as can be!


I am not too big on props, but this cradle was made for my daughter's dolls, and is the perfect bed for a sleeping baby.  

Oh yes, it was Christmas time.

This next little model is the daughter of a dear friend of mine, and the subject of one of my favorite shoots I have ever done.  She is such a good baby, and was perfectly pleasant and lovely at eleven days old.


Just look at her little face!


Such a peaceful little dreamer.  




This little darling is very special to me, too :-).  We took these photos in March when she was about two weeks old.  

Oh so sleepy!




Tiny eyelashes, wrinkles, fingernails, and the way their hair swirls at their crown; those are the details you will want to remember always.










0 comments:

Post a Comment