Thursday, October 3, 2013

McGrath Family Photos // Pennsylvania Family Photography

Let me tell you a story.  In May of 2011, my husband bought me an SLR Camera (a Sony a390), and I started taking photos of my daughter all the time.  I would go through the photos, pick favorites, and post them to Facebook.  After time, I started editing them, adding filters, putting weird colors and vignettes everywhere (I am thankful my editing has grown a bit since then).  I LOVED taking photos, but so far, I only did it for myself.  Until one day, my dear dear friend Sarah asked me to take her family photos.  It came totally out of no where, and I was terrified.  I SO had no idea what I was doing, and I was not a "real photographer."  But Sarah had faith in me, and truly loved my terribly amateur photography.  So on a freezing cold March day, with a 2 month old in two, I took some photos of her family of five.  And we all had a blast.  And I found a new passion.

And now, here we are.  A year and a half later, with another McGrath on the way, it was time for some more family photos with this beautiful family who helped start this photography thing of mine.  I am so grateful.

This family is SO much fun.  Sarah and Mike have three handsome and active boys, and a little nugget cooking in Sarah's belly.  They are dynamic and funny and active.  Her boys are smart and full of laughter and silliness.  And they love each other so so much.

Sarah is an incredible friend.  Like a rare treasure of a friend.  I met Sarah when my daughter was about six months old.  I was a new mom having a rough time with some stuff, and Sarah just happened to be at a Bible study that I joined on a whim.  She became one of my biggest encouragers and supporters; a total source of empathy through a difficult season in my life.  And ever since then, she has been a constant friend to me, full of prayers and sweet words and babysitting and meals.  I just love her.

Mike is an amazing father and devoted husband.  He works so hard during challenging hours, and still has time to be hands on and fun with his boys.  He teaches them respect and leadership, and leads his family before the Lord.  And he LOVES his wife.

He said that he likes the kissing pictures :-).  Good man.

Each of these three boys is so precious and special.  And LOOK at those dimples.  You couldn't buy dimples that cute.

Jacob, the oldest.  Smart.  Loyal.  Protector.  A reader.  A leader.

Zachariah, the second.  Sweet.  Gentle.  Cautious.  Friendly.  Smiley.

Noah, the baby (for now).  Crazy.  Joyful.  Goofy.  Loving.  Surprising.

I cannot wait to meet the next McGrath, coming in April!  He or she is going to be so blessed to have such loving parents and awesome big brothers to show the ropes.  I praise God for this family, and am so thankful that He brought them into my life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment