Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Madison // Pennsylvania Portrait Photography



I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today
-Taylor Swift


Guys.  Guys.  I am so excited about this shoot!  The light was awesome.  We used a location I have never tried before (the Brandywine Battlefield state park, for you locals who want to check it out!).  And the model?  Well, I could not have asked for a better model if Tyra Banks showed up.  She was just SO much fun and so easy to photograph.  And so pretty!  I am gushing, I know, but it was special.  Anyway.  Meet Madison!

Madison is three.  And if you know me, you know that I love three year olds.  I guess I am biased because I have a three year old girl.  But Madison was just confirmation of how awesome three year olds are.  She was so expressive and excited.  She could tell me what she wanted to do and what she liked.  She could come up with her own poses and ideas.  And she wore her emotions all over her face.

It was so fun talking to Madison!  She was very excited at the shoot because she was going to Disney soon.  I love Disney, too!  She of course loves princesses, but she was most excited about Pirate Jack.  As in Captain Jack Sparrow.  She thinks he is pretty awesome.  And when she was last in Disney, he asked her to be part of his crew.  Woah.

What IS it with red doors?  I mean seriously!

Sometimes when you are doing a photoshoot, you find humongous trees that are hundreds of years old and are standing on battlefields where historical wars were fought for our country.  And then you just stand in awe.

Madison is such a special girl.  She is so smart and beautiful and friendly.  She was so indulgent to the crazy lady with the camera, and so in sync with her parents.  I could not have been happier with this session.

As I wrote this post, I kept thinking of the lyrics to a song by my girl Taylor Swift (Yes.  I know.  Stop.  We all have guilty pleasures.)  I know that Madison has to grow up someday, and when she does she will be amazing, but staying little would be nice, too :-)

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple.


0 comments:

Post a Comment