Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Hughes Family // Pennsylvania Family Photography

Last week, a dear photographer friend and I traveled to the wonderful city of Pittsburgh for a photography trip of sorts.  She was there shooting architecture, landscapes, nature, and birds.  And I wanted to photograph some families.  Since I do not know a ton of families in the city of Pittsburgh, I turned to my close friend (and hostess/chauffeur/travel guide) Diane, and asked her to book me some sessions.   Diane was more than happy to manage my Pittsburgh clients, and recommend locations that were unique to that area.  This first session was with a dear family from Diane's church.  I was so excited to meet the Hughes family on my first morning in one of my favorite cities :-).

As Diane said "They have the cutest little girls who were just meant to be photographed.  And they dress so well!"  I agree!  These little girls belong in catalogs!

The whole family was not too shabby, to be honest.  Look how gorgeous they all are!

We took these photos in two adjacent locations in Pittsburgh: PPG Place, and Market Square.  PPG Place is a beautiful business complex where all the buildings have mirrored glass from bottom to top.  Every where I turned, there were amazing reflections, angles, and architecture.

These modern buildings are perfectly balanced with the colorful and character-filled shops and restaurants of Market Square.  They were perfect backdrops!

The girls were a wee bit shy for me.  I don't really blame them; I was a crazy lady with a camera following them around and telling them what to do.  Nevertheless, catching them smiling and laughing was a joy!


Emilie cared so well for her younger sisters, holding their hands and protectively keeping them standing where they needed to.  She was so so sweet!

Claire has gorgeous soulful brown eyes and a serious face that turned into an enchanting smile.  And I loved her sassy haircut (which she apparently started herself).  

And sweet baby Jane was a bundle of energy and laughter.  Her fairy-like blonde curls and bubbly giggles were fun to capture.

I could not tell if they were more mama's girls or daddy's girls.  That is a good thing :-).  They obviously adore both their parents.

And their parents obviously adore each other, which is one of my favorite things to illustrate.

I think the highlight of this shoot for the girls was the fountain.  These fountains shot up SO tall every few minutes.  They were a blast to play in!

I am so very glad to have met you all.  Thank you for helping make my Pittsburgh visit wonderful!!  I have to end with this photo, because it just cracks me up.  I think Claire means business with this photoshoot thing!

1 comments:

ChristaHughes said...

These are all so fabulous! Thanks so much for capturing our family. I think my favorite thing is how you captured Emilie's sweetness, claire's sassiness, and Jane's playfulness in the photos. Well done. :)

Post a Comment