Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Evie // Pennsylvania Newborn Photography


I have a very sweet friend named Jocelyn. She and I met in our college group at church when I was living at the Indiana University of PA, and we stayed good friends through all my college years. I loved her quirky style, sense of humor, crazy stories, and Christlike encouragement. Even though I graduated, moved four hours away, got married, and had two kids since those days, I still consider Jocelyn a very dear friend of mine, and relish the visits we get to have with each other (about twice a year, when I get to visit my college town). This time, however, our visit was extra special. Because Miss Jocelyn has a special new person in her life, her heart, and her home.

Meet Baby Evie.

Evangeline Vega. Isn't that name lovely? It is romantic and poignant and full of joy. Evangeline is the new source of joy in her mommy and daddy's lives. They are so taken with her. And rightfully so!

When I went to visit with Evie and her parents, I did not plan on taking lots of photos. I even left my camera in the car! I was carrying muffins and coffee and ready to hear a birth story from a new warrior mama. Photos were something I could do if the opportunity arose, but were no big deal.And then I met that face. OH my goodness. I had to hold her and kiss her and love on her. And I HAD to take her pictures.

Let's pause a second. Here is a crazy coincidence. Evie's Aunt, Lydia Jane, is one of my favorite photographers ever. She basically inspired my love of photography after I attended a wedding she photographed five years ago, and since became addicted to photography blogs. And back then, at that wedding, Jocelyn and her husband (who is Lydia's brother) did not even KNOW each other, though they were both there. And now, I got to photograph their baby. And while it was maybe a tiny bit intimidating in my own silly head to be photographing a family member of one of my photography inspirations, I am so so grateful!

So here is the other crazy thing; this VERY mini photoshoot was actually very rushed and random, because the little Hartnett family was getting ready for their first road trip! So I declared a lifestyle session during bathtime. Because little four week old babies in the bath are oh so cute.


Mama and daddy's voice could calm her so well!

Her little expressions and sounds were so endearing!

And then after bathtime, I volunteered to “babysit” while Joce and Mike were getting packed and ready And by babysit I mean “let me pose your sleeping child like a rag doll in the center of an ottoman and take photos of her in every angle.” I mean, isn't that what everyone means when they babysit?


I mean, could you resist this face?


I am sad I did not get to grab photos of Evie and her wonderful daddy, but I LOVED watching my sweet sweet friend love on her baby girl.

Oh Jocelyn. You are going to be an AMAZING mother. You already are! You are going to be such an example of Christ's love to your daughter. You are going to teach her grace and mercy. She is going to be beautiful, just like you. And I am sure she will be a little quirky and goofy and funny. And maybe she will like to learn about rocks. Because Jocelyn likes to learn about rocks. And I know you have the best partner in Mike. What a wonderful and loving father!!

Welcome to our lives, Baby Evie. I love you so much!  And well done, mommy and daddy Hartnett!  You are wonderful parents!

0 comments:

Post a Comment